Jotlund should be removed

I would annex the planets if I could; I often think of that.
Prekovy
Patriotic SMSian

Jotlund should be removed

Postby Prekovy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Jotlund serves no useful purpose. It is inhospitable and could not support vikings. The limits on viking sailing distance would not be mitigated by anything related to jotlund. There is no food and no wood on Jotlund for the vikings to use to extend their journeys, because it is ice and rock. It does not enable substantially easier migration for the first wallaseans either; they would still have to walk enormous distances over glaciers or whatever else, even if a tiny portion of their journey would be over land.

In exchange for these non benefits, Jotlund generates problems with the contemp balance. Jotlund should realistically be used for radar stations, land based aviation, and other dumb purposes. It is in a critical location. We could rely on player camaraderie to avoid dumb purposes, but then we are essentially handwaving the canon - and jotlund exists to avoid handwaving.

If we have to handwave, let it be related to non issues like viking sailing distance, and not to serious issues like strat balance. Let's remove Jotlund.
GLASS TABLE - at 13:34
im writing something p ridiculous
im sure @leis willl hate it

Zuk
Patriotic SMSian

Re: Jotlund should be removed

Postby Zuk » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:24 pm

I know it doesn't directly pertain to anything that I am sperging, but I would prefer some kind of island or chain (think Faroes, maybe, too rocky or small to really create a serious military presence that totally alters the balance of power, but large enough to act as a stopover where people herd sheep and fish for salmon or whatever). Let's avoid totally handwaving stuff even if its small things like viking migrations, otherwise we will probably just come back to it later and fix it anyway imo

North Point
Patriotic SMSian

Postby North Point » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:59 am

Agree - Jotlund is dumb

Re: island chain where ppl can herd sheep and farm... it's still the same strategic problem because those islands would realistically be used for airstrips etc. Leave the northern Oryontic alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praetonia
Patriotic SMSian

Postby Praetonia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:52 am

Jotlund you are a beatdown machine. You are in a position of fiscal superiority and you know it. I hope you are vaporized, arrogant pig.
<leis2> Otoh i am also an antiquarian so im legitimately interested in how purple dye was made in sidon
<leis2> (using mollusks)

Return to “The Map Room”