Map plans (2 November)

I would annex the planets if I could; I often think of that.
North Point
Patriotic SMSian

Map plans (2 November)

Postby North Point » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:57 pm

As discussed on #sms, map plans for the new map being created by Matt:

1) Move Fanta to occupy the current space taken by Gelderland, Iridis, and Galla.

2) Make current Fanta (North Fanta) into an irrelevant NPC; OR sink the land into the ocean and create northern-Canada-style winter wonderland eskimo islands.

3) Move Galla to the space currently occupied by Murania.

4) Change Zhelezhnia to "Nunavik Confederation" and merge ALL of northwest Arterus (except current Murania) into one large Siberian wasteland NPC country. This can be partitioned off to new players if necessary.

5) Move Burgundie to Wallasea. Position unknown.

North Point
Patriotic SMSian

Re: Map plans (2 November)

Postby North Point » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:00 pm

The benefits of moving Fanta to his new spot include:

1) An active player receives a large chunk of land bordering the Axackal Sea (historically a very active region).

2) It moves a large naval power off the Oryontic that could potentially overpower Praetonia in a powergame-y way if Fanta aligns with Quiberon.

3) It moves Fanta closer to Dumanum and Questers and allows interaction there.

4) It allows for intrigue between Fanta and Varnia (who is now to Fanta's east and south) across a much larger land border.

Praetonia
Patriotic SMSian

Postby Praetonia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:14 am

Another proposal: give Haghia the Flamaguay slot so that it can interact with Quiberon and Embrea. Srf is actively RPing so this is a better use of the slot; currently he doesn't border any real country.
<leis2> Otoh i am also an antiquarian so im legitimately interested in how purple dye was made in sidon
<leis2> (using mollusks)

Srf
Patriotic SMSian

Postby Srf » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:50 am

Not a proposal I'm opposed to, but I probably wouldn't take all of it. Probably the north and east to get land borders with everyone (Willink to the east too) with a rump NPC Flam as some sort of wop zoo to the south.

North Point
Patriotic SMSian

Postby North Point » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:08 pm

100% in support of all suggestions. We are just now waiting action from the MJLabunda and updation of the critical map issue at earliest.

Return to “The Map Room”